Reiki Practitioner Insurance
Reiki NZ Inc. Practitioner Public Liability Members’ Insurance Scheme
Reiki NZ Inc. operates a members’ insurance scheme through Rothbury Insurance Brokers and cover is provided by Vero Insurance.
This scheme was established some years ago to offer our Reiki Practitioner members much-needed cover in the event of any claim that might be made against them. Many practitioners working professionally in public practice see Public Liability insurance cover as both sound business practice and a mark of their commitment and professionalism.
The following (non-invasive) modalities are automatically covered under the scheme:
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Craniosacral Therapy / Massage (CST)
- Hypnotherapy / Hypnosis
Where practitioners incorporate any other modalities into their practice that they would like covered by this policy these must be declared. By special exception Vero Insurance will advise if these modalities can be covered. An additional premium charge may apply but applicants will be advised of this prior to committing to purchase the insurance cover.
The following conditions are mandatory for cover to be valid:
- Current membership of Reiki NZ Inc. must be maintained at all times;
- The non-invasive therapies listed above are covered but activities such as Acupuncture will not be covered;
- The practitioner has the appropriate qualifications and experience. Reiki Level 2 is the minimum standard for cover.
- The practitioner will be covered wherever that person is practising within Aotearoa New Zealand under the Public Liability Clause.
- Cover is offered to individuals as members of Reiki NZ Inc. and it cannot be construed as cover for any other person/(s) or business that the practitioner may be associated with.
- The insurance period runs from 1 July to 1 July each year however members may apply during this period and cover may be considered on a pro rata basis.
- The cost for the period 1 July 2021 to 1 July 2022 is $261.05 (pro rata for shorter periods).
To download the form please click on this link ReikiNZ2203InsuranceMemberDeclaration.
Prospective insurance members and renewing members are required to complete the Declaration Form and email it to The Secretary, Reiki NZ Inc. at: firstname.lastname@example.org for submission to our insurers.
For further information please contact the Insurance Manager at: email@example.com